Pride, Passion, Courage, Integrity and Family – these are the values we live by at Nando's.
Nando's Maroochydore, on the Sunshine Coast has just been extended, fully renovated and is a bustling place- near the beach and more!.
It is a busy place with a great team who work well together and are family.
We're looking for a new Assistant Manager (or Assistant Patrao as we call it) to join these teams and grow forward!
You are a great People Person and have no fear in engaging customers and building great customer environment.
You need a proven background in developing people and an absolute passion in ensuring an amazing customer experience, each time and every time. Lead by example in rolling out hosting out customers and exceeding expectations.
Let us tell you what we are looking for ...
Maybe you are working in a pub, bar or cafe as a supervisor or manager, and recognise that really, there isn't much career progression and you want to do more, grow and be challenged or maybe the long and sometimes excessive hours just aren't working for you.... we might be the right place for you ...
Maybe, you are working in quick service and you want to break out of the system - bring your ops knowledge and test yourself when it comes to building amazing customer experience in restaurant, not a transaction.
Maybe, you are working in retail, hotels or tourism and want to dive into something else ... then hey we want to hear from you.
On paper we will be looking for the following:
- Has proven management or team leader / supervisor experience
- Has proven experience leading a team and been accountable for at least 5-8 other people
- Has been accountable for inventory and/or rostering and/or team coaching in their career
- Can demonstrate that you exceed in Customer Service skills, loves people, not shy in offering an amazing, positive customer experience every time
- Able and willing to work over a rotating 7 day roster
What does an Assistant Manager do?
In a nutshell, the Assistant Manager, known internally as an Assistant Patrao (Patrao means head of the family in Portuguese) is responsible for shift management, development of the team, hosting and customer experience and key elements of restaurant operations (such as ordering, rostering, training).
So you might be thinking ... What's in this for me?
- You will work with an Area Manager and your Patrao to ensure you are getting the development you need
- You will be offered the opportunity to be part of a class leading Management Development Program
- Competitive salary recognising your experience and initiative
- Rotating roster which includes 1 weekend off a month
- Available to work rosters from 9am til 11pm
- Be part of a place that really invests in it's people and culture including our Master Griller Competition
- Have a sense of autonomy, yes, we want you to get on with it and make this Brisbane restaurant amazing
- Be valued, you're not a number, you're an experienced Assistant Patrao making magic happen in our eyes
How to apply?
Click the link and follow the prompts - it's pretty easy!
Please complete a cover letter answering the following question; "why do you want to be a hospitality manager?"
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered for the role.
Tell me about how this kind of role fits into your life ... maybe you need some work life balance, maybe it's your two year plan while you figure your life out.
Maybe you want to run your own business one day and you want to learn the ropes ... I don't need an essay, just tell it like it is in a paragraph or two.
Sound like something you're interested in? What are you waiting for it's time to apply! If you have specific questions you are welcome to contact our
People Development Manager, Steve Begley on 0466 754 414
You may know us as the home of PERi-PERi chicken, but we’re a people-first, chicken-second kind of place. Nando’s Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer who seek to ensure that people are employed, trained and promoted fairly. Nando’s is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work