Wage: $18/hour (ability to increase with progression)
Locations available: Wairau Park
A bit about us:
Our main aim is to simply create memorable experiences for everyone who has a bit (or a lot) of Nando’s in their life – our customers, communities, founders and suppliers. In fact, it’s everyone we work with. How do we do it? Good question. It really comes down to the fact that we genuinely care for one another. It’s more than just a job we come to every day. We want everyone in our family to be happy and succeed, so we keep an eye out for each other, inspire each other and celebrate with each other.
At Nando’s we like to create an environment that allows people to shine, enabling you to deliver amazing moments and feelings for every customer and team member. To help us achieve this, we aim to recruit the very best Nandocas (the name we give to a member of our family).
We have 28 restaurants across NZ, and we’re currently in a unique position of growth and change. This means our Nandocas can really make a difference to helping the company grow and develop. This is an exciting opportunity, and a great time to join us!
About the role:
As a Shift Supervisor you contribute to every aspect of the day-to-day running of the restaurant. You play a vital role in supporting the team on shift, and behind the scenes, enabling them to create fantastic moments and feelings for our customers. You will help run the shifts, look after fellow Nandocas and motivate the team to get the best out of everyone. It’s about offering the very best customer experience for each and every customer - every time! It's a great step up for any ambitious individual looking to improve and develop themselves into a management role. If you have a great people personality, a strong work ethic and can make work fun for those around you - this could be the role for you!
What we are looking for:
- Positive and upbeat management style, with the ability to engage, lead and motivate others.
- Exceptional communication skills and great customer service skills.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Hospitality, Retail or Service related industry in the capacity of Shift Supervisor or above.
- Minimum 2 years direct customer experience.
Benefits for working with us:
There’s a lot more to a career at Nando’s than you might think. True, we believe we have the best PERi-PERi chicken in town. But we all know "it’s the people that make the chicken" – which is why we look for values over experience and offer a whole host of benefits including:
- Free Nando’s meal with every Shift
- Competitive wage
- Opportunities to travel abroad, including visiting the home of Nando’s (Africa) and other Nando’s markets
- Career Progression opportunities via various training programs
- Social events
- Values led organisation, resulting in a great working culture and family environment
Apply today through our recruitment portal, under the New Zealand section for the job that interests you the most: https://nandos.expr3ss.com
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE YOU MUST HAVE FULL UN-RESTRICTED ABILITY TO LEGALLY WORK IN NEW ZEALAND