Job type: Part Time
Salary: $18ph (opportunity to increase with in-house management development)
A bit about us:
We are a small restaurant chain of 28 restaurants across New Zealand in a unique position of growth and change internally. We have a small team working together who are passionate to build an awesome all round restaurant company based on values and people orientated principals.
This unique position means our restaurant management can truly make a difference; helping the company to grow and develop. This is an exciting opportunity and a great time to join us!
About the roles:
As a Shift Supervisor in our restaurants you are part of the management team and you are responsible for leading your staff whilst the Manager or Assistant Manager are not on shift. You lead by example and strive to consistently meet customer expectations during your shifts by delivering outstanding product and fantastic service in a clean restaurant. You will maintain operational standards during this time including the food control plan and health and safety following all company policy and procedures. Other areas of responsibility include:
- Provide leadership and act as a customer service champion for the shift, run your restaurant from the front back;
- Promoting teamwork to enable your team to achieve your Restaurant’s goals;
- Ensuring staff are customer-oriented, friendly, courteous and responsive to customer needs;
- Ensure that you give recognition and genuine appreciation to your staff during your shifts
- Control Labour and Gross Profit through effective management
- Assisting with training of staff as directed by the Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Use the opening and closing checklists, action plans, shift plans, cleaning rosters, current hazards, temperature log sheets, cook logs and all other operational policy and procedures daily.
What we are looking for:
- Positive and upbeat management style you lead from the front and you understand that you succeed when your people succeed. You have the ability to engage, lead and motivate others
- Minimum 1 year experience in Hospitality, retail or Service related industry essential in the capacity of Shift Supervisor/Manager
- Minimum 2 years direct customer experience essential
- Strict adherence to all company policies including all food handling and safety procedures;
- Exceptional communication skills and great customer service skills essential
- A positive, punctual and professional attitude, you have high integrity and family values
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work shifts essential
- Ability to problem solve and act quickly
- Ability to juggle multiple things at once
- Willingness to get involved i.e. “get hands dirty”
We are building a great team, but we have work to do. We are moving the team towards creating a real customer focused restaurant feel, we are looking for people who are fun, energetic and friendly who can bring passion into our beautiful restaurants and deliver an exceptional experience to our customers. This is your chance to make a change for the better for us and for you, Apply today!
What it’s like to work with us:
Our biggest aim is that you have fun while on shift, fun with your teammates and fun with the customers as well, it’s very important to us that you enjoy your job, and that our customers can see you enjoy your job!
We are passionate about our staff, we work with each individual to ensure they are happy and can be the best they can be in their role. Also, that we are helping them move towards their career progressions to Management and beyond.
Our restaurants are being refurbished, they are clean, bright and colourful with awesome designs, great music and a great vibe.
Our focus is on quality food and treating our customers like family, providing top notch customer experience to all! All staff are multi trained to ensure everyone works as a big team helping where needed!
Benefits for working with us:
There’s a lot more to a career at Nando’s than you might think. True, we believe we have the best PERI-PERI chicken in town. But we all know "it’s the people that make the chicken" – which is why we look for values over experience and offer a whole host of benefits including:
- A free Nando’s meal every shift you work
- Career Progression, helping people develop from Front and Back of House staff to Shift Supervisors, Assistant Managers and Restaurant Managers to Area Managers and beyond! We have a great training programme that if you want to progress, ensures you get there!
- Good work/life balance
- Newly designed comfortable uniform that you can individualise to suit your personality
- We run social events, competitions and parties to ensure while we may work hard (this is hospitality after all) we play just as hard too! Including an annual Christmas Party!
- A Nationwide Mastergriller Competition where winners are sent abroad to compete (all expenses paid).
There is a load of other benefits too, but if we listed them all here you’d never get around to applying!
Apply today through our recruitment portal, under the New Zealand section for the job that interests you the most: https://nandos.expr3ss.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE YOU MUST HAVE FULL UN-RESTRICTED ABILITY TO LEGALLY WORK IN NEW ZEALAND