Pride, Passion, Courage, Integrity and Family – these are the values we live by at Nando's.
Let me tell you the story ..
The restaurant is a busy and thriving restaurant with a particularly busy evening trade, but also a consistent lunch trade. You'll never be twiddling your thumbs working here. With a very manageable dining space and a team that knows the business inside and out, the biggest challenges ahead are growing customer experience, and that's where you come in...
Let us tell you what we are looking for...
Maybe you are working in a pub, bar or cafe as a supervisor or manager, and recognise that really, there isn't much career progression and you want to do more, grow and be challenged or maybe the long and sometimes excessive hours just aren't working for you.... we might be the right place for you...
Maybe, you are working in quick service and you want to break out of the system - bring your ops knowledge and test yourself when it comes to building a customer experience, not a transaction.
Maybe, you are working in retail, hotels or tourism and want to dive into something else...then hey we want to hear from you.
On paper we will be looking for the following:
- Has some kind of management or team leader / supervisor experience
- Has lead a team and been accountable for at least 3-5 (ish) other people
- Has been accountable for inventory and/or rostering and/or team training in their career
What does an Assistant Manager do?
In a nutshell, the Assistant Manager, known internally as an Assistant Patrao (Patrao means head of the family in Portuguese) is responsible for shift management, development of the team, customer experience and key elements of restaurant operations (such as ordering, rostering, training).
So you might be thinking ... What's in this for me?
- You will work with a Training & Onboarding Coach to ensure you are getting the development you need.
- You will be offered the opportunity to be part of a class leading Management Development Program
- Competitive salary recognising your experience and initiative
- Rotating roster
- Be part of a place that really invests in it's people and culture including our Master Griller Competition
- Have a sense of autonomy, yes, we want you to get on with it and make the Restaurant amazing
- Be valued, you're not a number you're an experienced Assistant Patrao making magic happen in our eyes.
How to apply?
Click the link and follow the prompts - it's pretty easy! Use your cover letter to answer the following question "why do you want to be a hospitality manager?"
Tell me about how this kind of role fits into your life .. maybe you need some work life balance, maybe it's your two year plan while you figure your life out, maybe you want to run your own business one day and you want to learn the ropes... I don't need an essay, just tell it like it is in a paragraph or two.
Sound like something you're interested in?
What are you waiting for it's time to apply!
You may know us as the home of PERi-PERi chicken, but we’re a people-first, chicken-second kind of place. Nando’s Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer who seek to ensure that people are employed, trained and promoted fairly. Nando’s is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work.