We're looking for enthusiastic Assistant Manager's to lead our great teams.
Nando's is a cheeky treat that's well-loved by our customers. We have Afro-Portuguese roots, born in Johannesburg, South Africa. Today, we have over 1220 restaurants around the world, and employ over 22,000 Nandocas (employees - hopefully you!). This means you're joining a global family, with endless opportunity within Australia and overseas.
Maybe, you are working in retail, hotels or tourism. Maybe you are working in a pub, bar or cafe as a manager, and recognise that really, there isn't much career progression or you're looking for a change.
Perhaps you want to test yourself when it comes to building amazing customer experience in restaurant, not just a transaction. If this sounds familiar, we want to hear from you!
On paper we will be looking for the following: (Selection Criteria)
- Proven team leader experience for at least 10-12 other people
- Accountability for inventory, rostering and team development
- Demonstrated Customer Service skills with a genuine love for creating experiences
- Able and willing to work over a rotating 7 day roster, including weekend and night shifts
- Want to be part of a vibrant culture and grow
- A positive, punctual and professional approach essential.
What does an Assistant Manager do?
In a nutshell, the Assistant Manager, known internally as an Assistant Patrao (Patrao means head of the family in Portuguese) is responsible for shift management, development of the team, customer experience, and key elements of restaurant operations (such as ordering, rostering, training).
So you might be thinking ... What's in this for me?
- You will work with an Area Manager and your Patrao to ensure you are getting the development you need
- Competitive salary recognising your experience and initiative
- Rotating roster which means you get weekends off throughout the month
- Be part of a place that really invests in it's people and culture. Some of our initiatives include:
- Master Griller Competition (this year, Ireland is hosting our finals - yes we fly you over!)
- Regular Company conferences packed with team building and learning.
- Peri Perks - a free meal for every shift, and 30% off for family and friends.
- Peri Cup - Social events throughout the year to celebrate the wins.
How to apply?
Click the link and follow the prompts - it's easy!
Please complete a cover letter along with your resume,
answering the following question;
"Why do you want to be a hospitality manager at Nando's?"
Also respond in the cover letter to the Selection Criteria above
Tell us how you see your skills and positive attitude could add value to our family!
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered for the role.
Sound like something you're interested in?
What are you waiting for, it's time to apply!
You may know us as the home of PERi-PERi chicken, but we’re a people-first, chicken-second kind of place. Nando’s Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer who seek to ensure that people are employed, trained and promoted fairly. Nando’s is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work