You may not know that our purpose at Nando’s is Changing Lives Together, by Running Restaurants Brilliantly. From fighting Malaria in Mozambique, to competing in a global chicken grill off - at Nando’s you have the opportunity to be part of something big.
Closer to home, we can welcome you to our bright, bubbly family. We also offer a relaxed and fun vibe every day where you can bring your whole self to work.
As the IT Operations Manager, you will be accountable for IT infrastructure and operations (I&O) at Nando’s. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the IT Operations Manager works as a hands-on leader, being responsible for the delivery of all third-party and internally managed IT infrastructure and key applications (e.g. Point of Sale, Inventory Management, Production and Labour Scheduling etc.).
Key areas of focus include positioning I&O to support Running Restaurants Brilliantly and drive our Digital Transformation initiatives. You will establish the IT service management (ITSM) principles for third-party and internally managed IT infrastructure.
This role plays a key part in partnering with the business to understand how the business operates, what their drivers and issues are and how this can be translated into a clear roadmap to manage day-to-day relationship and the strategic demands.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Leadership of the I&O team whilst providing hands on assistance (network and/or system administration) in running the technology that enables the business.
- Foster a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Leads the development of the I&O service strategy and technical roadmap and ensures its integration with the overall IT and business strategic plans.
- Works with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders to act as a trusted advisor and develop a clear understanding of business needs.
- Ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs and can respond with the agility required to address changing business priorities.
- Defines, develops and manages a comprehensive and integrated ITSM landscape, based on best-practice processes, disciplines and related toolsets.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems that fulfil the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, operations and IT service support.
To be considered for the role, you must possess:
Bachelors or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years of experience in IT and business/industry
- 5 to 7 years of leadership responsibilities
- Significant and current Network or System administration capability
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to get hands on when necessary
- Practical experience in developing and implementing a high-performing ITSM environment and knowledge of "what good looks like"
- Ability to build strong partnerships and effectively influence key stakeholders
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of a distributed branch network
- Success in leveraging traditional best practices, such as ITSM, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimized for agility
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the business to enhance capabilities that support business objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the I&O workforce
- Customer service mindset, a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times
- Driven to continually improve, monitor and improve IT processes with the aim of making them as effective and efficient as possible
- Outcome oriented, help Nando’s achieve its purpose through technology
- Superior organisational and time management skills,