Job type: Full Time
Salary: $45,000 - $60,000 Salary if full time, depending on experience and restaurant volume
Locations available: Across Wellington
A bit about us:
We are a small restaurant chain of 26 restaurants across New Zealand in a unique position of growth and change internally. We have a small central team all working together, passionate to build an awesome all round company based on values and people orientated principals.
This unique position means our restaurant management and staff (you) can really make a difference to helping the company grow and develop. You can add your ideas and plans investing in the direction and changes of our restaurants that will really make a difference. This is an exciting opportunity and a great time to join us!
About the roles:
Your role as Restaurant Manager is responsible for the overall management of the restaurant including leading and motivating the restaurant team to meet and exceed customer expectations. You will do this by delivering an exceptional restaurant experience through providing high quality products, friendly customer service and a safe working environment.
As Restaurant Manager you lead from the front in all that you do and are a role model at your restaurant and amongst your teammates. You will maintain operational standards during this time including the food control plan and health and safety following all company policy and procedures. Other areas of responsibility include:
- Run your restaurant from the front back ensuring full attention to the customers experience
- Engage your customers often building relationships through conversation
- Ensuring staff are customer-oriented, friendly, courteous and responsive to customer needs;
- Promoting teamwork to enable your team to achieve your Restaurant’s goals;
- Train, coach and supervise, use every opportunity to mentor your people to be the best they can be, ensure that you give recognition and genuine appreciation to your staff
- Control Labour and Gross Profit through effective management
- Assisting with training of staff as directed by the Manager.
- Use the opening and closing checklists, action plans, shift plans, cleaning rosters, cook logs current hazards, temperature log sheets, and all other operational policy and procedures daily.
What we are looking for:
- Positive and upbeat management style you lead from the front and you understand that you succeed when your people succeed. You can engage, lead and motivate others
- Minimum 3-year experience in Hospitality, retail or Service related industry essential in the capacity of Shift Supervisor or above
- Minimum 2 years’ direct customer experience essential
- Track record in achieving KPIs, particularly sales, profit and people outcomes
- Strict adherence to all company policies including all food handling and safety procedures;
- Exceptional communication skills and great customer service skills essential
- A positive, punctual and professional attitude, you have high integrity and family values
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work shifts essential
- Ability to juggle multiple things at once, to problem solve and act quickly
- Willingness to get involved i.e. “get hands dirty”
We are building a great team, but we have work to do. We are moving the team towards creating a real customer focused restaurant feel, we are looking for people who are fun, energetic and friendly who can bring passion into our beautiful restaurants and deliver an exceptional experience to our customers. This is your chance to make a change for the better for us and for you, Apply today!
Benefits for working with us:
- Competitive wage that recognises your experience and initiative
- Manager Benefits programme based on quarterly KPI results
- Career Progression, helping people develop from Front and Back of House staff to Shift Supervisors, Assistant Managers and Restaurant Managers to Area Managers and beyond! We have a great training programme that if you want to progress, ensures you get there!
- Good work/life balance
- Free Meal with every Shift
- Newly designed comfortable uniform that you can individualise to suit your personality
- We run social events, competitions and parties to ensure while we may work hard (this is hospitality after all) we play just as hard too! Including an annual Christmas Party!
- A Nationwide Mastergriller Competition where winners are sent abroad to compete (all expenses paid).
- There is a load of other benefits too, but if we listed them all here you’d never get around to applying! We look forward to hearing from you!
We will not be accepting people for this role who are on a temporary visa, including Student, Working Holiday or Work Visa’s.